I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Top 10 Recommendations for Safe Diving
October 31, 2016
Police National Dive Squad present their finding from investigations of the 11 diver fatalities that have occurred in 2016. Here are there top 10 tips for safe diving:
1. Dive with a buddy
2. Dive fit and healthy
3. Dive correctly weighted
4. Complete pre-dive equipment tests to detect faults
5. Don't dive with faulty equipment
6. Surface with at least 50 Bar/ 700psi
7. Dive to your limits/ qualifications
8. Carry a dive knife
9. Service your gear annually
10. Have a dive plan that includes emergency procedures.
Scuba diving is an adventure and like most adventures does include an element of risk. However, by following some simple rules, the risks can be reduced and you can enjoy the adventure of breathing underwater.